We provide Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) to help people with OCD, Anxiety Disorders (e.g., phobias, panic attacks), and anxiety due to illness and life events. We also treat issues that come along with anxiety including depression, eating disorders, substance abuse, sexual dysfunction, trauma, marital or relationship issues, and school/work difficulties.
We have a niche specialty is treating OC Spectrum Disorders and practice Exposure Response Prevention (ERP). This is the gold standard of treatment for OCD.
Since anxiety disorders differ considerably, therapy is tailored to your individual needs. Two people with the exact same diagnosis can present very differently. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is not a cookie cutter approach. We work toward clear goals using specific research based techniques, but adjust based on your unique symptoms and needs. Since you are provided with tools and information right away, you can experience short term relief while working toward long term results and change.
- Individual psychotherapy
- Couples’ counseling
- Family therapy
- Parent coaching
- Consultations with schools for educational planning (e.g., 504, IEP)
- Presentations in the community
The real, visible benefits you will get as a result of working with us:
1) Shift in Perspective: You will gain a tangible understanding of your symptoms, triggers, and responses. Understanding exactly what you are working with makes it less scary.
2) Tools and Strategies: You will learn research proven techniques which will help you change your response to overwhelming and scary thoughts and feelings.
3) Confidence in your ability to handle scary and overwhelming thoughts and feelings: By understanding what you are dealing with and repeatedly practicing tools that help you feel better, you will believe in yourself and your ability to cope. You will realize that you are bigger than the anxiety, guilt, and sadness, not at the mercy of them.
Combined, these put you in the driver’s seat. You can make choices from a position of strength instead of feeling trapped by fear and desperation.
3 Easy Science Backed Steps to
Stop Feeling Overwhelmed Now!