Our Method Is the Key to Your Success
We provide cutting edge Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) to help people with anxiety due to:
- Anxiety Disorders (e.g., phobias, panic attacks)
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Chronic illness
- Life events (e.g., birth, death, loss)
- Care giver stress
We also address issues that come along with anxiety including depression, financial challenges, substance abuse, trauma, marital/relationship issues, and school/work difficulties.
For more information on what CBT and ERP are and why they are so helpful, you can read these articles written by Dr. Levy.
Our Method Is the Key to Your Success
CBT and learning to manage anxiety aren’t easy. Learning to managing OCD is especially challenging. If CBT was easy, there would only be one book and one therapist. Everyone would buy the one book, see the one therapist, and be completely cured.
If done incorrectly, CBT can actually make you worse.
During your initial assessment as well as throughout your treatment process, we will be gathering information on factors that will impact your success such as:
- How you solve problems
- What matters to you
- Emotional reactions to good and stressful situations
- Key motivators
- Things you avoid
- Behaviors you use to protect yourself when you’re angry or stressed
- How you bounce back after a setback
You will get on-going feedback regarding these factors so that you can understand how they impact your choices and behaviors.
Then we combine CBT with this information so you can learn to deal with complications, set backs, and flare ups. This means that once you’ve made the progress you want, you can stay better for longer.
If you don’t understand these key factors, your chances of recovering from complications or a set back are slim to none. You’ll go back to your automatic responses the next time you have to deal with a serious life challenge.
- Individual psychotherapy: We offer individual therapy to teens and adults. This will include trying new behaviors and mindsets as well as homework to be done between sessions. Homework is key since it helps move the process forward quicker. We involve family members as needed, especially with teens.
- Phone and virtual sessions: This is ideal for people who do not live near an anxiety or OCD specialist, students away at school, professionals who travel frequently, parents with tight schedules, prominent members of the community, and people who generally prefer the flexibility and privacy of this approach.
- Family member consultations: We meet and speak with family members who are looking for more information about how to support a loved one struggling with mental health issues. These sessions end with specific recommendations.
- Parent/spouse/family member coaching: Loving someone with severe anxiety or OCD is difficult. You will learn about your loved one’s struggles and fears so that you can better support and challenge them. You will also need to learn how to set limits, take care of yourself, and have difficult conversations in a helpful way.
- We also offer group coaching so that you can feel like you are part of a community of others who are also trying to support a loved one who is struggling with anxiety or OCD.
- Consultations with schools and universities for educational planning (e.g., 504, IEP): We work with public and private high schools as well as top universities nationally to create plans that support students struggling with anxiety and depression.
- Trainings for the community, schools, and other professionals: We offer trainings and workshops to parents, schools, mental health and medical professionals on anxiety, it’s impacts across all areas of life, causes and symptoms, helpful accommodations, and important forms of support.
- Entrepreneur and executive coaching: We coach successful, driven business people who are struggling with anxiety, overthinking, decision making, and leadership and are concerned about the impact this can have on their long term success, lifestyle, and finances.
The real, visible benefits you will get as a result of working with us:
- Problem Solving: You will work with someone totally focused on helping you solve the problems that are causing the most stress in your life right now.
- New Understanding: You will gain a deep understanding of your symptoms, triggers, and responses. Understanding exactly what you are working with makes it less scary.
- Tools and Strategies: You will learn research proven techniques which will help you change how you think about and respond to overwhelming and scary thoughts and feelings.
- Confidence in your ability to handle scary and overwhelming thoughts and feelings: By understanding what you are dealing with and repeatedly practicing tools that help you feel better, you will believe in yourself and your ability to cope. You will realize that you are bigger than the anxiety, guilt, and sadness, not at the mercy of them.
Combined, these put you in the driver’s seat. You can make choices from a position of strength instead of feeling trapped and desperate.